The DeBug Beach Wheelchair is an ideal wheelchair for people with disabilities who want to live active lives and pursue a variety of recreational activities. The oversized wheels can operate in grass, gravel, snow, and uneven terrain, as well as at the beach. Each DeBug Beach Wheelchair has an articulated rear suspension which ensures that all four wheels are in contact with the ground at all times. The stainless steel frame is sturdy and reliable. Choose from models with a fixed (shown) or extended leg rest to suit the needs of different patients. Supports 350-600 pounds.
- Swing-away arm rests
- Swiveling rear wheels
- Articulating rear suspension +/- 20 degrees
- Independent wheel locks
- Removable, machine-washable chair material
- Wide enough to fit through ADA-compliant doors
- Weight capacity: 350-600 lbs.
When Mike Deming set out to design the best outdoor chair, it was his wife, Karen that he had in mind. In 1990, eight months after they were married, a car accident left Karen a quadripalegic. Mike was determined to see that Karen enjoyed past activities. His love of Karen and her special seating requirements led to the finished prototype in 1994. De-Bug has come a long way since then. You can rest easy because the Demings are users of the De-Bug chairs. All of the details have been thought out. From the De-Bugâs easy fit through a 36" doorway, to the maneuverability provided by castering rear wheels, this product is a winner for all users!
- De-Bug frame is constructed using #316L Stainless Steel tubing which is a higher grade than standard â#304 marine gradeâ stainless.
- Attractive combination of Polished Stainless tubing and Navy seating. Weight capacity 350 pounds standard, weight capacities up to 600 pounds can be accommodated for a nominal fee.
- Casters - rear wheels rotate 360 degrees . Wheel hubs are made from poly-nylon material to eliminate salt water corrosion.
- The rear suspension also articulates +/- ~20 degrees, allowing all four wheels to remain in contact with the ground when going across uneven terrain, making it much more stable than standard outdoor wheelchairs.
- Swing away arm rests are also easily removable for Lateral transfers.
- Footrest-Has Linear position telescopic length adjustment and four position angle adjustment. The De-Bug also has a footrest for proper foot support.
- Wheel Lock - Adjustable tension wheel brake can be actuated independently on each side, uses all #316L stainless steel hardware.
- Chair width is ~33.5 inches to access a 36 inch doorway and is ~27 inches wide with the optional interchangeable pool wheels.
- Chair design is patented in the U.S. #380,991 and registered with agencies, and insurance companies.